Thursday, April 29, 2010

Coming Soon: Hue Vietnamese Restaurant

Last night I went to a pre-opening tasting/test-run for Hue in Bayview. I had never tasted Pho, a Vietnamese noodle and broth bowl, until last night. Have you ever tried it? I really liked it, especially since I could add whatever flavors I liked (mint, hoisin, siracha, lime, bean sprouts, jalepenos). Hue should be open in mid-May-ish; it's looking really great inside. Mark and Carina did a really good job. Man, I'm so excited to have a good Vietnamese restaurant 3 blocks from my house!



8 comments:

  1. i HAVE had pho, though it was at stir crazy in brookfield and not a cute little place like this, so it may not be as authentic... but i get it every time we go there. so yum! i like to add lime and a little bit of the hoisin and sprouts. MMM!

    great. now i want pho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. try the BUN, its similar but no broth, just sauce and noodles with what ever additions you choose. I prefer BUN, especially in the summer

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart Vietnamese cuisine! Looks like I'll be spending more time in Bayview in May. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tip! We are relatively new in the area so we are always on the hunt for great restaurants(especially asian). Any suggestions for good chinese?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Emperor of China on Brady St. is my favorite in MKE. I have heard that the King and I downtown is really good, but I still have never been there.

    I like your post about the Fox Skylight antique mall--I almost bought that tulip table myself when I was there last!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll try Emperor next. Thanks!

    The tulip table was a good find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm...looks like I'll have to try to get there! Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I drove by last night and they're OPEN!!! Lots of people inside, too. I'll be there Thursday!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails