Around this time every December I compile a list of my Top Ten favorite albums for the Top Ten Party, a party where everyone lists their top ten albums of the year. My husband started the event several years ago as a way to justify hours of nerdy music talk. So, every year, as its gotten bigger and bigger, we rent out a bar and hang up giant lists of everyone's top ten favorite albums of the year.
Here are my top ten......
1. The National
2. Janelle Monae:
3. The Arcade Fire- "The Suburbs"
4. The Black Keys- "Brothers"
5. Warpaint- "The Fool"
6. Best Coast- "Crazy For You"
7. Joanna Newsom- "Have One On Me"
8. Wavves- "King Of The Beach"
9. Taylor Swift- "Speak Now"
10. Land of Talk- "Cloak and Cipher"
Honorable mentions: Beach House- "Teen Dream" (it was my #1 last year), Florence and the Machine- ""(I missed out, it came out last year)
I took a few photos on my iPhone. As you may notice, I (apparently) only hang with people who wear glasses.