Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Top Ten Albums of 2010

Around this time every December I compile a list of my Top Ten favorite albums for the Top Ten Party, a party where everyone lists their top ten albums of the year. My husband started the event several years ago as a way to justify hours of nerdy music talk. So, every year, as its gotten bigger and bigger, we rent out a bar and hang up giant lists of everyone's top ten favorite albums of the year.

Here are my top ten......

1. The National

2. Janelle Monae:

3. The Arcade Fire- "The Suburbs"

4. The Black Keys- "Brothers"

5. Warpaint- "The Fool"

6. Best Coast- "Crazy For You"

7. Joanna Newsom- "Have One On Me"

8. Wavves- "King Of The Beach"

9. Taylor Swift- "Speak Now"

10. Land of Talk- "Cloak and Cipher"

Honorable mentions: Beach House- "Teen Dream" (it was my #1 last year), Florence and the Machine- ""(I missed out, it came out last year)


I took a few photos on my iPhone. As you may notice, I (apparently) only hang with people who wear glasses.

2 comments:

  1. so fun! i am waiting for my boyfriend to write up his top ten list.. i get all of my music from him. love your picks (aside from taylor...i cant listen to her anymore after watching a few live performances). have a wonderful new years! xoxo jcd http://cornflakedreams.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...Taylor Swift seems sort of random in the middle of that list. I had to be honest, though. She's a total guilty pleasure.

    happy new years!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails