Friday, April 15, 2011

TV Guide: Brunch At Bobby's


I've been currently obsessed with the new show, Brunch @ Bobby's, airing on the new-ish Cooking Channel. Brunch is my favorite upon favorite of meals--perhaps because everywhere in Milwaukee serves brunch on the weekend. But, moreover, I like looking forward to a meal, hanging out with friends, having, sipping on fancy juices/drinks and enjoying every last bite. This show embraces that. Many of the (respectable) FoodNetwork people jumped ship onto the Cooking channel. After a few too many Guy Fieri episodes or food competitions it can seem a bit like the Disney Channel for fat kids. So, I've been switching over to Cooking channel.


This is what's on deck for tomorrow's show:
- Blackberry-Bourbon Iced Tea
- Country Ham and Fried Egg on Angel Biscuits
- Silver Dollar Buttermilk-Pecan Pancakes with Bourbon Molasses Butter and Maple Syrup

These recipes are themed around the Kentucky Derby (coming up May 6,7). Wouldn't it be fabulous to sit in your PJs eating the above while watching the races? Thought so. All the shows revolve around a themed or styled menu. I made the Frittata with peppers and onions with roasted cherry tomato sauce that was part of the Italian Countryside Brunch show. It was very good, then, I realized I've been making frittatas wrong for a long time.

1 comment:

  1. LOL... "the Disney Channel for fat kids." Nice.

    P.S. I kinda have the hots for Bobby.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails