Monday, July 30, 2012

Wedding Weekend



Black lace dress. camel clutch. Kate Spade earrings (last season). mint shoes.


I'm back from a long, long weekend in Toledo, Ohio for my brother-in-law's wedding. The ceremony and reception were both held in the amazing and ornate victorian private club, The Toledo Club. From the marble floors in the foyer and Tiffany stained glass light fixtures to the hidden doors from its days as a speakeasy, it was truly an amazing place. The sheath dress I bought just days before the wedding (read: procrastination) had a great open back and a black lace overlay. As for the mint shoes, I bought those the day of the wedding (read: major procrastination problem) after deciding my other ones just weren't as fun. When doing a real feminine fabric like lace or ruffles, I try to keep the silhouette clean with basic lines and a straighter look. I also accessories with the same philosophy, but also try to add a bit of modern (so that I don't look like Barbara Streisand in My Fair Lady). And since mint is way hot right now, I just had to do it. Sadly, I don't own it, but this camel clutch is at the top of my wish list right now. How fun is that camel without being silly? Pretty fun. The earrings were a birthday present from my husband last year. When in doubt, guys, Kate Spade can't go wrong!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails