Sunday, November 8, 2009

Daily Fix: Vintage Wool Stadium Blankets


found at solsticehome on etsy


found at Allie Ruth Peach on etsy


found at goantiques.com


found at ebay
___________________________________________

I just realized why I loved that orange plaid coat so much. It looks just like those vintage wool stadium blankets that I love. These warm boiled wool blankets were first made in the 50's and 60's are about 4x5 feet and come in a variety of plaids. I remember as a kid, we always had one in our car. I would it to the bleachers at the Friday night football game in High School. Now that I have a 120 year old house, I am once again appreciating the warmth these guys bring. I picked up this green and yellow one at the Elkhorn Flea Market for about $40. I thought it would be a perfect companion (cooler than a snuggie) for watching Packer games at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails