Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The White House Tour


The last thing I needed to do in DC was see The White House. You have to get up at the crack of dawn and there's a lot of standing in line, security checkpoints and rules for everything (note: do NOT bring your purse), but it's totally worth it. Just to be in the same building as the President is really quite amazing. I checked his morning schedule to see if he would be there and he totally was. Probably just having some coffee waiting for Marine One to take him out to Andrews. At least that's what I've seen on the West Wing.

2 comments:

  1. So I just started following your blog a few weeks ago...

    I'm from Milwaukee (Greendale, actually) but I moved to DC in August for graduate school. Found your blog while searching for some hometown reminders, so I thought it was pretty funny that some of your first posts are about DC.

    Love the blog. Say hi to Milwaukee for me.

    Andrea
    eastcoastcalling.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How funny! I have been in DC a lot recently for work. It's officially my 2nd favorite city- I love it there. By the way, I ate at Cafe 8 a couple nights ago and loved it, too. A good backup plan when Matchbox is overflowing.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails