Thursday, January 10, 2013

I like: Nomaterra fragrances



When I shop for fragrances, I look for light, clean notes that remind me of a certain time or place - like my discontinued bottle of perfume that I stringently ration because it reminds me of the blossoms on my grandfather's citrus trees. Or the fragrance I bought in Boston that reminds of that trip to Boston and that time in my life.

So I was delighted to hear that nomaterra fragrances, a new brand out of Brooklyn was adhering to my philosophy in fragrance - let it evoke a time and place. They have three fragrances of three cities. Nomaterra sent me three samples to try out on my own and I'm so happy with them. I have been looking high and low for a good new fragrance. Washington, DC is my favorite. It's a classic scent, that smells like you've walked along the tidal basin cherry trees, mixed with an hour in the the musk and tobacco of a senator's office. It really does reminds me of my many work trips to DC. It's a good year round choice. East Hampton is a citrusy and woody scent that wears well in the spring and summer. It smells like a garden close to the ocean. Finally, Miami is more exotic, spicy, and sweet. It kind of reminds me of my trip to Costa Rica. It's probably the ylang-ylang, which I love.

I'm pretty picky about my fragrances, but I would definitely recommend all three. You can try the same sample trio for $10, which honestly is worth it for TSA travel or to throw in your purse. Bottles are sold with an extra 15ml refill ($110) or you can buy the travel fragrance wipes ($36) which would be perfect for no-mess freshening up when on the go. Order online at nomaterra.com. And find them on facebook here.

2 comments:

  1. Love your blog. I just nominated you for a Liebster Award. http://amyanthologie.blogspot.com/2013/01/woot-liebster.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails