Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Cheap Thrills: $40 silk tank (with pockets!)



I am in love with this little tank/tunic. It's a silk sleeveless tunic from Ann Taylor in a great ocean green color. AND it has pockets! I love the length on this piece....and the price, it's only $40 (on sale). I am a big fan of having a really nice "solid staple" piece that can be either dressed up or dressed down. Yes, it says dry clean only, but you can actually wash it.

Here are some silk-washing tips that I use:

- use non-alkaline soap (meaning it has a neutral pH, I use Dr. Bronner's)
- don't soak, silk is a protein that breaks down.
- you can use a couple tablespoons of distilled white vinegar to get rid of soap residue when rinsing.
- when rinsing, rinse in lukewarm warm, towel dry or roll, never wring out or hang in direct sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails