Sunday, August 15, 2010

{Dog Days of Summer} Cool clothes


LA Made Fawn Dress, $63

I hate shopping in early fall. It's so freaking hot and the last thing I want to wear is a chunky wool sweater with dark jeans. So when shopping this time of year, I look for pieces that I can LAYER. Layering is the best. And in the unpredictable Wisconsin climate, it's essential. Tonight we were out back, grilling out. One minute I was putting on sunscreen and sweating, an hour later, it was cold and windy and we were heading inside. I really like these tunic-style dresses. In the fall, I wear them with skinny dark pants, in the winter, add a scoopneck black long-sleeve tee or a black blazer. It can be dressed up or down. Think flip-flops to ankle boots or scarfs to jewelry.








Alternative Apparel Pocket Tee Shirt Dress, $48. BDG Plaid Double Cloth Dress, $58.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails