Monday, February 20, 2012

Locally made Ice Cream



And by local, I mean very local in my own backyard of Bay View. Purple Door Ice Cream has been churning out delicious hand-crafted ice cream for a while now. They make all of their ice cream with cream and milk from local dairies as well as local businesses like Rishi, Anodyne, and Omanhene. The result is some of the best ice cream I have ever had. I know you can buy it at Groppi's and Outpost, but I didn't know that a lot of area restaurants also serve their ice cream. Check out the full listing here. And soon, as the rumor goes, they will open up their very own storefront in Milwaukee's Walker's Point neighborhood.....so I will never have a freezer without ice cream again, i suppose. I've tried their vanilla and butter pecan. Next on my list is to find the salted caramel. It sounds amazing.

I may never eat real food again.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness you will not be disappointed in the salted caramel. Quite possibly the best ice cream I've ever eaten! You can pick some up at the Winter Farmer's Market at State Fair on Saturdays and chat with some of the employees!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails