Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Backyard Discovery: Drawstring Fabric Studio



This is why I love Milwaukee. Cool stores like this are right around the corner from my house. I ventured into the Drawstring Modern Fabric Studio in Bay View over the weekend to check out their stock. Loved it. I am not blessed with the crafty gene, but Drawstring offers sewing classes for us not-so-creative types. However, I can sew a decent seamline so I picked up a square of cute fabric for Lulu the dog to wear as a scarf. What can I say? The dog has some fashion sense.



Visit the Drawstring store at 800 East Potter Street in the Bay View neighborhood (around the corner from Honey Pie Cafe)
W-F: 12pm-8pm
Sat-Sun: 12-4pm
and online at www.drawstringstudio.com

Not in Milwaukee? They have an Etsy Shop to the rescue.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool...will check it out when I am there for the World Series :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I not know about this? I've been going to Walmart or venturing to Joann's occasionally for fabric. I'll definitely be checking this place out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Super excited to have a cool fabric store this close to home. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way! That's right down the street from my house! SO much easier then driving out to the 'burbs for fabric. I have a feeling I'll be signing up for a class or two this winter, as well... thanks for pointing out this Bay View gem!

    Also: Pam, I like your thinking :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails