Monday, August 1, 2011

Pint In Hand: Fox Barrel Pear Cider



There were many, many beers to try at the Brewfest on Saturday, but I really enjoyed sipping my ol' favorite, Fox Barrel Pacific Pear Cider. In the nearly 100 degree heat, it was the coldest and most refreshing out of everything there. Most craft beers are darker and a little heavier which is great for taste, but not for the heat. To preserve the flavor, the darks like porters to brown ales are served a little less than cold so that you can taste the flavors better. This is not what I wanted on Saturday. I was ready to put ice in my beer. So, the pear cider was perfect. Cider is not a beer because it's not made with the traditional barley and hops. But, because it's a liquor, it gets very, very cold. And the subtle light fruitiness was perfect for a nice summer day.

2 comments:

  1. mmmm i love hard cider! im not much of a dark beer person so i always go for the 'girly' brews or ciders! im glad you had a fun time. xoxo jillian:: cornflake dreams

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite cider, closely followed by Magners. So glad I can find both in the DC area but also glad to hear it's available in MKE too!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails