Friday, September 9, 2011

MKE Style: Book Club Classy



1. Splendid Blouse, 2. Penguin Books travel pouch, 3. The Help by Kathryn Stockett, 4. Green pants (I'm seeing a lot of hunter greens this season, right?), 5. Zara Plaited Shopper, 6. Zara Velvet Moccasin (ZARA's online store is now OPEN! - hide your credit cards), 7. MAC lipstick in Ruby Woo (often seen on Sydney from The Daybook


I'm off to my first book club meeting tomorrow morning in Chicago. I figured since I'm going to be in Chi-town two days a week this semester, I better start networking. After all, I'm gonna need a place to stay. My friend's book club is reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett and then going to see the movie. I'm going to skip the movie and head back to MKE for a wedding at Best Place, but I'm excited about a.) meeting some new people b.) talking about what I liked about this book and c.) eating some brunch! I enjoyed The Help but must confess that some parts had me yawning. I liked how the narrators alternated throughout the book and how well their characters were developed. I liked the writing style - it was a fairly easy and effortless read so I highly recommend it for beach reading and the chapter set up makes it easy to set it down and pick it up a few days later without skipping a beat. And there were parts that made me laugh out loud, too.

Have you read The Help or seen the movie? How did you like it?

1 comment:

  1. Darn--wish your book club was in MKE (I'd awkwardly beg to join). I liked The Help a lot, but I'll agree with your observation---some parts moved more quickly than others. Love your style inspiration board!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails