Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Resolution Week: dress more European





Photos: Orchid Grey, The Owls Are Not What They Seem, Peter Miszuk

One of my goals for next year is to, overall, dress better. I feel that I have gotten myself into a rut this past year. The solution and plan is not to go out and buy a bunch of new clothes, but just to wear things better. I love the European philosophy that you dress "simply", buy your 10 basics, quality shoes, a quality handbag; and you use the accessories you have in new ways. Based upon these pictures, I need: more skinny pants, more statement necklaces, a REALLY nice Balenciaga bag, and a classic black blazer....and just stick to black in general. I'll get working on this.

For more tips on dressing European, see Joanna Goddard's blog ; she writes a whole section about "How To Dress Like a French Woman". Check out the photos from Paris Fashion Week in Elle magazine. I also go to the Weardrobe site to browse what other fashionable gals are wearing these days.

Over the next few days, aka "New Year's Resolution Week", I'll be posting more resolutions. Now, let's just hope the resolutions last for more than just this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails