Monday, October 15, 2012

Sara's Staples: ankle pants



There are a handful of things in my life that count as sartorial staples. Going back to school hit my wallet pretty hard so when I shop it's all about value and function and practicality....but mostly value. I learned how to find key pieces - the few go-to items that are affordable, versatile, stylish and practical that I can't live without. So if you're on a budget or just need some good recommendations, here are some of my staples.....

One of my fashion secrets is that when I find something that fits great and looks great, I buy it in another color. These ankle pants are one of those items. I first bought a pair in June and realized that they work well for my business casual needs and they're a little stretchy so comfy when I'm out running errands, so I bought them again in black. I'm not saying you won't ever see me wearing yoga pants (aka glorified sweatpants) to the grocery store, but having these pants around give me more options. The cropped cut hits right at the ankle giving a modern look but still feeling classic. Think Audrey Hepburn. The black ones are great for traveling because of the stretch. Lately, I've been wearing those with a denim chambray shirt and leopard scarf. So they've been transitioning into fall quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails