Monday, October 25, 2010

Redecorating the Front Room: Bookshelves





When you walk in our house, you enter through a small foyer, then enter the "front room". It was probably called a parlor back when the house was built, but for fear of ridicule, I will not be calling it a parlor. It's the room where I read the newspaper, do my bills, keep all my books, decorate with etsy finds. Over the last year, my book collection outgrew the old shelves and now will keep growing (thanks, grad school!), so I desperately needed new shelving. After a long search, I settled for IKEA's Billy bookshelves. I took a lot longer than I thought, but thankfully, it was finished just in time for my show, Desperate Housewives. I must have been really drained because I kept watching TV, then somehow ended up drinking a beer and watching Swamp People on the History Channel. Here's to Sunday nights! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails