Thursday, July 29, 2010

Milwaukee Faves: Milwaukee Public Library



It's good to be back home in my favorite city. Here's one of my favorite buildings in Milwaukee. A few weeks ago, my mom and I went to the court house to pick up the marriage license and made a quick stop into the Milwaukee Public Museum to look around. I used to live in the Marquette dorm across the street and would frequently study at the library back in college. The marble in the lobby is just breathtaking. There's a rare books library, many historic displays in the hallways, and an art gallery on the 2nd floor. You could spend hours in there and never even pick up a book. Take a look. Or take a tour: every Saturday at 1:30PM.





P.S. I know you want to WIN a moka pot.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this, Sara. I have spent many hours is this library. Before your dorm belonged to Marquette, it was the YMCA. My daughter, now 28, took swimming lessons there, and we would often visit the library after her lesson. Before the new museum was built in the 60s, this building housed it as well and I remember glass cases that still contained large taxidermy specimens. We left Milwaukee 8 years ago, so it is always nice to bring back memories...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails