Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Basics of Long Hair (from a beginner)



After my wedding and years of sporting a layered bob, I started growing my hair out. My hair now is below my shoulders, but still has a few inches to ideal length. I never realized that growing out my hair would take two years. So whenever I think about chopping it off and going back to my tried and true haircut, I think of all the work. Long hair is hard. I can no longer rely on the predictability of layers, the easy of drying and the natural lift. Instead, my hair gets flat and frizzy. So, I've since been exploring the world of straightening balms, hairsprays, and round brushes.

Luckily, one of my blog sponsors supplies all the tools I'd need. ghd which stands for 'good hair day' from the UK sells professional hair straighteners (in the most fun colors!), products to help smooth and straighten, and round brushes in hard to find sizes. And all US purchases come with free shipping. If you want to find more information about what the best hair straightener are, and you want to find out more information about the ghd models, then you can visit www.ghdhair.com.

I have fine hair but lots of it. And it has a slight bend to it in the back. So I say I have faux thick hair - it needs lift but can't handle gobs of product and it's prone to frizzing. So, I stick to the basics, a root lifter or straightening balm/spray that I work into the shaft, not the root with my fingers. Then I blow-dry on a low setting with my head upside down while I brush with a round brush. Once done, I smooth it all out and flatten out the angles with a straightener on high. I'm pretty low maintenance, so on days that I do my hair (err, VERY low maintenance), this method takes me 5-10 minutes.


*this post brought to you from our friends at ghd

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails