Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Can't stop Listening to: Kathleen Edwards



This song has been a regular on my "I-Pass Lane Soundtrack" when I drive to Chicago. Her voice is quite addictive.

Kathleen's voice further supports my theory that flowing red hair and killer pipes are genetically linked - Neko Case, Florence Welch, Tori Amos - someone needs to do a thesis on this.

Her new full-length album comes out next year, but her two singles produced by her boyfriend, Bon Iver frontman Justin Vernon, are out now. They make some pretty lovely music together. Through that collaboration, both professional and personal, I feel like Kathleen's voice really blossomed on this album. Or maybe the music supports her so much better. Either way, it sounds great.

Her upcoming tour is kicking off here in Milwaukee at Turner Hall on January 24th. The pre-sale starts today at 12pm.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for this show! I never thought that I would get to see her (and Hannah Georgas) in Milwaukee! I also like this red hair theory. Someone really does need to do a thesis on that!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails