Monday, November 14, 2011

Milwaukee Faves: Tables at Soup Brothers



This small place hidden on Florida Street in the Fifth Ward only has about 4 tables, but it's what's on the tables that make a huge impact. Small trinkets, toys like a dump truck carrying cinnamon sticks, original oil paintings, small bottle brush christmas trees, and other clutter make eating hot fresh homemade soup a visual and comforting experience, like eating in grandma's attic. Every time I go, I see something new. I also find myself eating slower, looking around more and keeping my eyes occupied as I savor every bite of soup. The other day I had the cheddar and bermuda onion soup, but the menu of four or five soups changes daily. They also serve great sandwiches, cookies, and Jarritos soda.



Soup Brothers
Location: 209 W. Florida St. in Walker's Point (5th ward)
Hours: sometimes vary, Open 11am - 4pm
Heads Up: bring cash, the wait may be long, the owner might be related to the 'soup nazi'

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails