Friday, January 6, 2012

A Day Off





During winter break from grad school, I have been trying to work as many hours as I possibly can, but today is not one of those days. I am going to sleep as much as I possibly can. And when I wake up I'll probably think about sleep. And look at pictures of people sleeping in the new Anthropologie magazine. My body hasn't returned to 100% since the Great Stomach Flu of 2011 and the multiple colds and coughs that followed. So today is my recharge day. I will be using my Actaea spa gift cards I got from Christmas to get one awesome hot stone massage. I'll be bringing one or two of my new books to read while I hang out in their lounge sipping on Cucumber and Lemon water. Then probably come home and watch a TV show that is like chicken soup for the soup, and yes just as lame, The Gilmore Girls.

So, come on guys, fill my ears with stories of leisure and lounging and tell me what you like to do on your special day off?

4 comments:

  1. A massage, reading, and the Gilmores sounds like a great day off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A whole lot of laying on the couch watching Arrested Development and snacking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, Arrested Development. Good call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. In this order:
    -Brunch (a long one with two cocktails and one cup of coffee)
    -Sunday NY Times
    -Nap
    -Out to dinner
    -Movie at home

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails