Monday, January 2, 2012

Let's start the New Year with hypothermia




photos: Mike Di Sisti



If you were one of the brave souls to do the annual Polar Plunge yesterday in Lake Michigan, I salute you. The weather in Milwaukee yesterday was milder than usual, 32 degrees with high winds and the lake has yet to freeze over. Still, I don't think I could ever do it......and it hasn't made it onto my bucket list, either. But, man, I do love seeing the photos. That is, while I am nestled beneath two wool blankets on my nice fluffy couch drinking hot cocoa.

I'm sure the polar plunge warrants you bragging rights for a lifetime, but the imminent risk of hypothermia seems a little extreme. But we all knew Milwaukeeans are crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails