Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Outstanding in the Field


There is an uh-mazing culinary event coming to Wisconsin in a few months. It's Outstanding in the Field, a farm-to-table "restaurant without walls" that tours the world and will be making two stops in Wisconsin this summer. Outstanding in the Field pairs up with local farmers to host a locally sourced, gourmet dinner on their property prepared by renowned local chefs. The first one is August 11th at the Sassy Cow Creamery in Columbus, Wisconsin. The next is at a family farm in Elkhorn, Wisconsin, a 45 minute drive from Milwaukee (and my hometown!) on August 12th and 13th. Chefs from Chicago's Longman & Eagle, Milwaukee's Hinterland Gastropub, Madison's L'Etoile and Graze will each host a dinner. The tickets have some sticker shock at $200, but if you're a local, sustainable, organic foodie this is a bucket list type of thing. Go for it!

Check out the U.S. tour schedule and buy tickets here.

images via communaltable, Ohhappyday, and Outstanding in the Field

7 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I would LOVE to go to the one in Elkhorn and show some hometown support!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool, but I can't swing the price tag.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Went to an event in Austin, TX last year - it's worth every penny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to go to Outstanding in the Field. it's coming close to me this year but unfortunately I will be out of town!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been to these events here in Texas and in the Minneapolis area...a FABULOUS experience!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Daaang I wish I had this in the budget!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every single one of these dinner locations look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails